Registration number of the project: 248
Implementation period: 1. 7. 2014 – 30. 4. 2016
The main objective of the project is to reduce gender segregation in education in the Pilsen Region by increasing girls´ interest in studying technical and ICT fields. This global objective will be achieved through partial objectives, which are as follows:
1. To create a network of relevant participants to eliminate gender segregation in education in the Pilsen Region.
2. To raise girls´ interest in studying technical and ICT subjects at secondary schools and universities.
3. To increase competencies of teachers and educational counsellors in the area of gender issues related to counselling for career choices.
4. To raise public awareness of the issues in society. The following partners participate in the project implementation: the Regional Chamber of Commerce of the Pilsen Region, the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, and Techmania Science Center o. p. s.
Activities for primary schools (7th, 8th and 9th grade girls): :
1. Workshops for teachers and educational counsellors as well as career counsellors
2. Talks at primary schools
3. Educational trips to companies
4. Demonstration days at secondary technical schools and secondary vocational schools
5. Workshops in Techmania Science Centre
Activities for grammar schools
1. Talks at schools
2. Educational trips to companies
3. Demonstration days at the faculties of the University of West Bohemia specializing in ICT and technical subjects
If you have any questions, please contact the project implementation team:
Mgr. Radka Trylčová
Project Manager, PR Specialist
Tel.: +420 377 322 802, +420 724 158 916
Ing. Kateřina Kuklíková
Tel.: +420 737 251 479
Mgr. Radka Štruncová
Methodologist and Coordinator of Educational and Training Activities
Tel.: 377 226 680, mob.: 723 213 883
Bc. Petra Čížková
Coordinator of Educational and Training Activities
Tel.: 377 322 813, mob.: 724 613 948
PhDr. Jaroslava Hasmanová Marhánková Ph.D.
Tel.: +420 723 753 847